Based on the best-selling book The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni, this extremely effective program can transform your team and your bottom line. This training program can be facilitated by you using the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Training Kit, OR we can do it for you.
Team Building Program using 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Model
Objective of Program Become proficient in understanding self and other team members using the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Assessment. This assessment will clarify the Behavioral style of each participant and will indicate the strengths and challenges of the team. Participants of this team will be able to release what is not working and be able to relate to others with increased professional and personal results.
What is Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Model?
The single most untapped competitive advantage is teamwork.
To gain this advantage, teams must:
Trust One Another--When team members are genuinely transparent and honest with one another they are able to build vulnerability-based trust.
Engage in Conflict Around Ideas--When there is trust, team members are able to engage in unfiltered constructive debate of ideas.
Commit to Decisions--When team members are able to offer opinions and debate ideas, they will be more likely to commit to decisions.
Hold One Another Accountable--Then everyone is committed to a clear plan of action, they will be more willing to hold one another accountable.
Focus on Achieving Collective Results--The ultimate goal of building greater trust, conflict, commitment, and accountability is one thing: the achievement of results.
The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team has a simple goal:
To create a learning experience that helps individuals and organizations reveal what it takes to build a truly cohesive and effective team in the most approachable, competent, and effective way possible. Powered by Everything DiSC®, profiles help participants understand their own DiSC® styles. Bringing together everyone’s personalities and preferences to form a cohesive, productive team takes work, but the payoff can be huge—for individuals, the team, and the organization.
What does this program do?
The program helps teams understand how, as a team, they score on the key components of The Five Behaviors model; trust, conflict, commitment, accountability, and results. Each individual on the team will also understand their own DiSC® style; D: Dominance, i: Influence, S: Steadiness, and C: Conscientiousness, and how their style contributes to the team’s overall success.
Who is it for?
The Program is designed exclusively for intact teams and work groups. The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team harnesses the power of Everything DiSC and the clarity and simplicity of The Five Dysfunctions of a Team model.
How does it work?
- The facilitators meet by phone with each participant to share the process and listen for any concerns. (optional)
- Each team member takes the assessment, Five Cohesive Behaviors of a Team one to two weeks before the session.
The second part is how each person observes the team functioning in each of the five behaviors.
- Meeting time can range from 4 – 20 hours, depending on the need of the team.
What are the benefits?
The Five Behaviors Model is used to help team members learn to work together more efficiently and effectively and become a more cohesive team. A productive, high-functioning team:
- Makes better, faster decisions
- Taps into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoids wasting time and energy on politics, confusion, and destructive conflict
- Avoids wasting time talking about the wrong issues and revisiting the same topics over and over again because of a lack of buy-in
- Creates a competitive advantage
- Is more fun to be on
What are the learning objectives?
This program empowers Participants to:
- Discuss and work through team issues around trust, conflict, commitment, accountability and results
- Identify DiSC Styles
- Understand more about self and others
- Develop appreciation for other styles
- Explore how to become more flexible
- DiSCover why understanding yourself and others is one of the keys to building positive relationships
- Utilize the Five Behavior Model and DiSC tools to meet personal and organizational objectives
- Understand how to use DiSC and the Five Behaviors to improve productivity and Team performance
- Identify specific communication strategies to use with each of the different DiSC behavioral approaches
What methodologies are used?
- PowerPoint presentation
- Video presentation
- Engaging interactive activities
- Facilitated discussion about the team’s challenges and strengths
To download a sample Five Behaviors assessment click below: